Horizon Research Consulting Lead (f/m/d)
Consulting • Remote EU | Frankfurt | Mainz | Berlin • Full time
Howdy future Horizoneer,
Our behavioural research SaaS enables product, innovation and consumer insights teams to consumer-validate product decisions by uncovering purchase intent of consumers for any product decision or new product development.
Your mission: Lead and scale up our Research Consulting unit and change how companies make product decisions.
You will oversee our Research Consulting Services, lead your team in guiding our clients to answer their research questions with purchase intent insights gathered through our software. Based on your experience in market research and consulting, you will also be operationally involved in key client projects: From picking the right research setup, creating test stimulus, and setting up tests to interpreting the results that will influence the products of the biggest European companies in exciting consumer industries - together with your team of Research Designer and Research Consultant.
With this position comes the opportunity to lead and build a key department in our growing business and collaborate with our academic Research Partners like university professors on our advisory board.
This position can be filled remotely from anywhere in the EU or around the co-working hubs we are trying to establish in Frankfurt or Berlin.
WHAT YOU’LL ROCK
Client & team leadership
- Grow and supervise your team of Research Consultants & Designers and take a significant role in growing our start-up.
- Orchestrate research project teams as well as relationships to client stakeholders for the best research experience.
- Coaching your team and if needed providing guidance on research best practices, defining test parameters and analysing results.
- Expand our research consulting playbook and scale research consulting at Horizon.
Delivery excellence & profitability
- Oversee capacity planning and forecasting and take actions to ensure the profitability of our Research Consulting unit.
- Implement high-quality and scalable services by our team through mentorship and establishing playbooks.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of test assets and get hands-on where required: Ads for audience acquisition, landing pages, product content and smart exit journeys for consumers engaging with the research funnel.
- Advise our clients as their trusted sparring partner with actionable next steps for their innovation, consumer insights or product management projects based on their research results.
- Reveal client needs and develop deep insights into what it takes to rollout Horizon further into the organisations of our clients - Europe’s biggest consumer companies.
- Identify and implement new research projects with clients.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING ALONG
The below can seem a lot, we get it. Don’t you worry, if you cannot tick all the boxes below at 100%. Besides relevant experience, we want results-driven and caring, high-integrity minds that want to give their best and grow with us!
- (Client) consulting: You have worked in demanding client-facing roles either in consulting, venture development, innovation units or an agency.
- Market research/analytics: You have professional experience in market research, statistics, or quantitative marketing analytics, know your way around quantitative datasets and data-driven decision making.
- Empathy & leadership qualities: You can put yourself in the shoes of key client stakeholders and you are ready to take responsibility for your own team members’ performance and employee experience.
- You have worked with paid media channels and understand the technical setups that are relevant for behavioural consumer research in tools as Facebook or Google Ads Manager.
- Especially when involved in research projects, you should feel comfortable with the following tasks for example:
- Advising the client on the right test strategy and approach, e.g. by suggesting the number of variables to test for identifying the right test structure
- Structuring the research funnel consisting of variants of ads, landing pages, and exit journeys for the target audience of the test
- Defining value propositions for various product ideas, and bringing ideas to life through ads and landing pages
- Evaluating the work of our Research Designers on ad creatives, landing page content and product mockups
- Balancing client wishes vs. research best practices
- Analysing data, such as the Horizon dashboard indicating the research results
- You work together with our in-house Product Development team and influence the Product Roadmap by defining Feature Requests that help make your team’s job easier, more efficient, and our clients happier.
- You are an eloquent and proactive communicator and able to explain design decisions and concepts towards high-profile decision-makers.
- You are native in German and near-natively fluent in English.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU:
- The chance to lead, scale up and rock one of the key growth drivers of our business: Research Consulting.
- Access to insights and direct learnings from our Co-Founder & CEO Daniel to accelerate your development
- Close collaboration with key stakeholders at Europe’s biggest consumer companies and successful consumer scale-ups.
- Any hardware you need to rock the job.
- Work from everywhere, Frankfurt or Berlin. We are remote-first, and we’re currently working on creating co-working hubs where your teammates are.
- Workations: you go! You have the chance to work outside of your country of residence for up to 180 days per year, given that you have a valid work permit for that country.
- Regular company offsites in person - party-on!
- A competitive remuneration package
- 31 days of vacation per year
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- A company that encourages (and requires) fast learning
- Hypothesis- and data-based working philosophy - test, validate, decide
HOW WE WORK:
- GSuite for external communication
- Slack for internal communication
- Notion for documentation, checklists and transparency
- Miro for interactive (client) collaboration, brainstormings, etc.
- … Always with our company values in mind, see here.
THIS JOB MIGHT NOT BE FOR YOU IF…
- … you have never conducted market research or don't have an interest in that topic
- … you do not want to work in a team of dedicated people that are motivated to change the way companies make product decisions
- … you need micro-management to work effectively
- … you are not a self-starter with a can-do attitude
- … you are working freelance and want to keep that
- For information on our hiring process, check this out.
- Dive deeper into our vision, mission and core values here.
- Apply via this link or via jobs(at)gethorizon.net.
Horizon is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Weitere Informationen zum Unternehmen auf marktforschung.de: