Unruly gets videos seen, shared and loved across the open web for brands that want to move people, not just reach people.
By bringing emotional intelligence to digital advertising, we help 91% of Ad Age 100 brands inform and inspire 1.44bn people around the world, using polite outstream formats on sites that people love. UnrulyX, the viewable video SSP, creates better ad experiences for consumers, improved brand outcomes for advertisers and increased revenues for top-flight publishers.
Emotion matters in marketing. Emotion creates values and sets preferences. Inspires action. Drives sales. Unruly has a decade's data of consumer responses to video and uses that to hone content, model audiences and deploy ad dollars in ways that heighten emotional response and maximise brand impact.
Unruly was founded in 2006 and acquired by News Corp in 2015. With 350 Unrulies across 20 locations worldwide, our super power is emotional intelligence and our secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to DeliverWow.
We’re looking for a brilliant Insight Analyst to help us continue to lead the social video market. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven, authoritative research demonstrating social video’s value - and the role it plays within the broader marketing mix. You’ll support the Marketing, Sales, Data and Insight teams, managing Unruly’s proprietary datasets as well as using third party data providers, deciphering the story that lies in the data to create compelling sales and marketing collateral and answer complex client questions.
You’ll probably be currently working at a major brand, tech start-up, or research agency in a research or insight role, or maybe you’ll be a research superstar in an adjacent space (media, search, academia). Either way - you’ll be an innovative, data-driven researcher who is keen to transfer your experience into a rapidly growing ad tech company, where you can really take the lead and make a difference. If you want to get the best from both worlds and work in an agile start-up which is part of an established, global organisation, we’d love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Reports to: Insight Director
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6pm). We have Summer and Winter Fridays to extend your weekend.
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Daily breakfast, weekly Friday Beers, monthly in-house therapist massages, frequent company social events & annual Unruly Festival! We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Manage Unruly BrandLift reports, getting the projects into field, analysing results and creating reports for key clients
- Produce Unruly Playbooks, comprehensive market and competitor analyses, to provide our clients with a data-driven understanding of online video performance in a specific market vertical
- Run data extractions and analysis, manage the production of regular reporting and streamline Insight processes Support ad-hoc market and consumer research projects, e.g. on consumer journey mapping, media mix modeling, psychographic targeting or content testing
- Support preparing client meetings, lab tours, and conference presentations
- There will be an opportunity to progress to analysing and presenting Unruly’s content testing results, Unruly Pulse video trends insight and bespoke client research projects
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Insight Team (DE and globally)
- Commercial Team
- Marketing Team
- EQ Team
- Data Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 1+ years of working experience
- Experience pulling data from large datasets and compiling reports
- Demonstrated experience in an insight or research role (technology, marketing or media environment preferable) or have a degree with an analytical focus Experience drawing together insight from large data sets and research studies to create one coherent story (telling stories from data!)
- Experience communicating complex ideas and conclusions in a clear and meaningful way that people from all functions can understand
- Experience managing multiple projects, multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities simultaneously
About You: Skills
You must be:
- An Intermediate to Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident in using SPSS, stata, R, Python, or a similar statistical software package
- Analytical – able to dive into data and create insight from it
- An effective project manager, able to manage projects independently, handle multiple tasks and work well under tight deadlines
- Able to communicate findings to internal and external customers either informally in person or on the phone or in presentations
- Strong with the written word - communicating insight and recommendations clearly and concisely on emails and in reports
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Proactive - going above and beyond the call of duty to DeliverWow with data!
- Collaborative - able to work effectively with multiple departments globally
- Adaptable - able to flourish in a rapidly growing tech company
- Organised - able to manage a variety of tasks and changing priorities
- Detail-orientated - able to produce documents to a professional standard
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business/Economics/Psychology/Statistics/Econometrics/Data or Information Science, or related field with a quantitative focus preferred
The WOW factor!
We’d love it if you:
- Have experience using Splunk
- Speak multiple languages
- Are a natural born researcher
Interested? Show us who you are!
Unruly Media GmbH
Großer Burstah 36-38