Tel.: +49 (0)221 788 748-11
Marktanalyse - Sponsorship and sport: A marriage of convenience
MarketLine5 / 2012
|Regionen:||Europa, Asien / Pazifik, Mittlerer Osten / Afrika, Nordamerika / USA, Australien, Mittel- / Südamerika|
Bitte wählen Sie ein Lieferformat und klicken Sie unten auf einen Bestellbutton:
Sport is big business in the 21st Century and never before has the link between sport and the corporate world been so strong. Sponsorship in sports ranging from soccer to basketball to cricket is omnipresent. With both sponsors and sponsees becoming increasingly aware of the mutually positive effects of sponsorship, the link between sport and big business looks set to become stronger still.
Features and benefits
* MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
* Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends.
• The costs associated with staging events such as the FIFA World Cup and Olympic Games are increasing and while host nation governments contribute significant funds, money raised by the likes of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and FIFA through corporate sponsorship is necessary to meet these rising costs.
Sponsorship is not limited to such major global events. Smaller, national events including little leagues are sponsored and companies are keen to put money back in to grassroots sport as a component of their CSR strategy. Sports teams have come to see it as a vital revenue stream as costs rocket.
Major corporates are the most prolific sponsors and they too benefit greatly from the arrangements. While it is very difficult to quantify this benefit in terms of a specific financial figure, the effect on brand equity and corporate image is undoubtedly positive. For them, this boost represents a good return on their investment in sponsorship.
Your key questions answered
* Why and to what extent is sponsorship necessary to cover the cost of hosting a major sports event?
* How vital is sponsorship as a revenue stream to sports clubs and franchises?
* What benefits do sponsoring companies derive from the arrangements?
The cost of staging major events is extremely high
Corporate sponsorship plays a significant role in footing the bill
The need for sponsorship revenue is not limited to sporting events
Sponsorship is a revenue stream that sports clubs can no longer afford to ignore
Successful brands want to be associated with successful clubs and players
Companies benefit in a number of ways from being a sponsor
A good product fit is highly beneficial to the sponsoring company
Exposure is the ultimate aim
Some experts doubt the efficacy of a strategy centered on exposure
The facts speak in favor of heavy exposure
Geographically relevant sponsors are using major sports events to their advantage
Sponsors enjoy a positive and socially responsible image from sports sponsorship
Companies can use sponsorship to counter specific criticisms
Companies also derive internal benefits from sponsorship
The coming together of sponsorship and sport is a marriage of convenience and one that proves mutually beneficial
Ask the analyst
- Sport- und Erholungsdienstleistungen in Mexiko: ISIC 924
- Sportartikel in Mexiko: ISIC 3693
- Sports Nutrition in Argentina
- Sport- und Erholungsdienstleistungen in Kanada: ISIC 924
- Sport- und Erholungsdienstleistungen in Spanien: ISIC 924
- Sportartikel in Kanada: ISIC 3693
- Sportartikel in Spanien: ISIC 3693
- Sports Nutrition in Azerbaijan
- Sports Nutrition in Chile
- Sports Nutrition in China
- Sports Nutrition in Greece
- Sports Nutrition in Kazakhstan
- Sports Nutrition in Poland
- Sports Nutrition in Sweden
- Sportswear in Chile
- Sportswear in Denmark
- Sportswear in Mexico
- Sport- und Erholungsdienstleistungen in China: ISIC 924
- Sport- und Erholungsdienstleistungen in Deutschland: ISIC 924
- Sportartikel in China: ISIC 3693
*Alle Preise sind netto ausgewiesen. In Abhängigkeit von Ihrer Rechnungsanschrift ist hierauf noch USt. zu entrichten (Deutschland z.Z. 19%). Unser Angebot richtet sich ausschließlich an Unternehmen, Gewerbetreibende und Freiberufler.